Welcome

Welcome!

I started this blog to be a place where I can capture my thoughts on gardening, to document my adventures in community gardening, and to be a resource for myself and others. As the site matures, I will be adding more content (although don't expect regular posts), additional links to other sites and blogs, and the occasional friendly poke at friends and strangers alike.

Feel free to add comments, recommend links, ask questions or even suggest topics for a future post or Saskatoon Sun article.


Friday 23 December 2011

This just in: Mistletoe is in short supply this year due to a drought in the southern US.  There are several species of this hemi-parasite, including one that causes the witch's broom effect on jack pine in and around Prince Albert. But the 'kissing' type is the one that's affected.  Some suppliers are bringing it in from Europe, but at a price. For more, here's an article in the NY Times

Photo from Swamibu

1 comment:

  1. Seemed to be lots in Poland, 2012. Hey, when can we expect an new article?

    ReplyDelete